Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

Nissan 2004 Pulsar has overheating problems but is passing

Customer Question

Nissan 2004 Pulsar has overheating problems but is passing every test including head gasket test. Mechanics seemed stumped and want to pull the head off
JA: Watching the temperature gauge creep up into the red is never fun. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with overheating troubles. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When driving, vehicle loses air flow through the heater and then the temperature guage heads up quickly
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, the mechanic working on the vehicle wants to pull the head off but doesn't know what is causing the problem. Thermostat has been changed, hoses are OK, radiator is OK and no cross contamination between oil and water
JA: OK! The Nissan Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: No, all tests seem to be coming up fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

sure there is no trapped air the cooling system then I would have them remove the radiator and have it flow tested before you consider having them pull the head. If you have any restriction in the radiator it can cause this type of over heating concern as well. Start with making sure this has been done.