Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

It a fj62 3f engine : Fitted a recond carby and when it's

Customer Question

It a fj62 3f engine
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Fitted a recond carby and when it's started it idles high and coughs and splutters and dies,I put a new kit in it as the carby was off ebay
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Going by the manual I have reset the mixture,but still can get to run properly as of yet,next was to check and attempt to reset the idle as it idles high even though the slow and fast idle screws a fully screwed out
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: It a auto
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Still waiting!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello!
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not checked for any vacuum leaks on the engine at all this needs done.I have seen vacuum leaks on the engine that can cause what you have described here needing repaired.Leaks like broken or loose or disconnected vacuum hoses as well as leaking gaskets sucking in air causing this issue here.If this has already been checked/tested for and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Pete yeah I have check for vac leaks all good as for now, what are your thought on the condenser being faulty?
As it will start if you give it 2 pumps on the accelerator pedal runs for maybe 5 to 10 seconds the dies until you pump the accelerator agsin
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

I dont have the exact info on your models fuel system and operation here but usually if you have to pump the pedal to get it to run this can be an issue with the accelerator pump in the carb. (if equipped) needing replaced.It is possible this is a condensor issue here but this sounds more like a carb. issue internally needing checked into and located and repaired from there.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete