sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

My son purchased a 2008 Transporter. Had driven smoothly

Customer Question

My son purchased a 2008 Transporter. Had driven smoothly along Motorways for an hour, then turning a roundabout (twice) it stalled/shutdown/immobilised, he started motor again and all was good.
He was hesitant to drive it until we know what the problem is, in case he is in dangerous situation. Any ideas ???
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that can cause the engine to die. It may be a simple sensor issue such as a failing crank sensor, it could be wiring, the engine controller itself, a power distribution or wiring issue, or it may be a failing fuel pump.

The first step in diagnosing the issue is to use a code reader or scan tool to see if any fault codes had set. Anything causing a loss of spark should set a code provided the ECM itself was still awake during the event. Have you checked for codes?