sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I lost my transponder but still have a blank key. can you

Customer Question

i lost my transponder but still have a blank key. can you helpme get my immobiliser brake code so i can drive it to the dealer?
JA: Do you happen to have a code reader or scan tool? What size is your engine?
Customer: 2.0L
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: lost key with transponder but i still have a blank key
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: with your help
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle ownership is verified in person to release a security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. Due to the length of time your question has been up without a response I believe that either no experts currently on the site have access to obtain the code or noone feels comfortable posting it here.

What I would recommend is seeing your dealer with the VIN and proof of vehicle ownership and as long as their internal security policies allow then they will be able to give you the code.