Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,

I have a Kia Carnival KVII 1999. I brought the housing and

Customer Question

I have a Kia Carnival KVII 1999. I brought the housing and thermostat for my Kia only to find that it did not have an o-ring on it, which I now have sorted. My problem is putting the housing back into the two alloyed ports of the motor. My son said that when he took the old hosing off the motor, it had two broken seal (not the o-rings) so that when he pushes the housing back onto the alloyed ports the seals would stop the water from coming out, but we can not find these seals and Kia in Ipswich have no idea what we are talking about. Can you please help as I need my Kia back on the road. Betty
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Matt replied 5 months ago.

Hello Betty

I think the parts you're looking for are actually part of the pipes?

does your pipe look similar to the image?

as the o-ring sits in a groove in the pipe and I suspect the 'seal' you're looking for is actually the broken front end of the pipe

Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you