Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I brought a ssangyong stavic second hand and the immobilzare

Customer Question

i brought a ssangyong stavic second hand and the immobilzare keeps coming on how do i deactivate it
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: ssanyong stavic
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: go to start it and immo comes up which is the immoblizor system .
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: the bloke told me 3 otf the injectors are not working properly . and to get it started you use areostart
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the immobilizer is coming on and the vehicle is not starting with this issue here this can indicate that one of the immobilizer components like the key or immobilizer itself are at fault needing replaced in most cases.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need to be diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete