Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

Volvo 2001 40 auto how to line up the oil pump and clutches

Customer Question

volvo 2001 40 auto how to line up the oil pump and clutches behind the converta as i puled it out
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
because I think the pump is cracked, i think that the converta was not put on properly,I have no oil presure in tranny
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Since no one has posted the info on how to install this or line this up properly in some cases this info can be difficult to obtain.In some cases you may need to obtain this info from a dealer or local repair center that works on this model here.They may or may not charge a small fee for this.If this is not an option and you want to continue here instead for this info let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi Pete my dilemma is from putting the converta on wrong is the pump damaged coursing no oil pressure or is it something deeper in side the box
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

Hi there,

Have you replaced a torque convertor in other transmissions before?

There are 3 elements to line up , two splines for the turbine and the stator, plus the oil pump tangs. Should feel 3 distinct steps as it goes in.

Some front wheel drive autos also is advisable to fit the convertor while the transmission is mounted bellhousing facing up.

Gary

Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

Hi there,

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Please rate my service at your nearest convenience.

Kind regards

Gary