sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

The light on my praADO JUST SAID FUEL FILTER MAINTENANCE

Customer Question

The light on my praADO JUST SAID FUEL FILTER MAINTENANCE REQUIRED
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: is this something that needs to be fixed asap? My wife is driving as the moment and just wanted to know if she was right to keep driving today
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no
JA: OK! The Toyota Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: no regulary serviced by toyota
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If it said filter maintenance was required rather than the water in fuel light then it isn't something that is an emergency or that needs to be addressed immediately. This is a scheduled service reminder and is just telling you that it's time to replace the fuel filters based on engine run time and distance traveled. It's something that you'll want to have taken care of soon, but it's not an emergency and is ok to drive.