Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Will my vw transporter go in reverse if in limp moded

Customer Question

will my vw transporter go in reverse if in limp moded
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
its a 2010 dual cab ute twin turbo desiel
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are set with this issue here?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it only gets 1 3 and 5th when I drive as manual it wont get out of 1 st in auto the repairer told me it the cat converter but think its the dgs auto
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what gears do you get in limp mode
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Usually in limp mode you are limited to 1st and 2nd gear and this usually doesnt affect reverse.The cat. converter will cause running and shifting issues but if it is the catalytic converter the engine would rev up poorly or slowly or not at all in park or neutral so if it is revving up properly I suspect this is an internal electrical fault in the transmission with solenoids or sensor failures or a mechanical fault in it.I would have the transmission/gear box checked/tested further to see if it is faulty needing repaired internally or replaced.

This is usually best tested by a transmission/gear box repair facility or dealer as they will have the correct tools to test this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete