Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

Engine light on and reduced speed : since this morning I

Customer Question

engine light on and reduced speed
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: since this morning I noticed the engine light and realised on the road that the hilux does not accelerate when i rev. also it takes a while to start the vehicle(as if battery is flat)
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if its simple enough I'll..at this stage i dony know whats going on
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: KUN 25 the model. battery light is also on but battery is ok. alternator ok.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: what code. what do you think is the possible problem?
JA: It's a tool that mechanics use to help diagnose what's wrong with a car. Not to worry - the mechanic will know how to find that out. It's a tool that mechanics use to help diagnose what's wrong with a car. Not to worry - the mechanic will know how to find that out. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Could it be a sensor problem?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.If your check engine light is on, it means that the computer in the vehicle is seeing a fault from a sensor. If you can get a scanner to read the code it would be very helpful. Otherwise we are looking for a needle in a hay stack. But the computer is limiting your speed in connection with the problem it is seeing.If you want you can try removing the positive and negative battery cables and touching them together for 15 seconds and retrying it. But if this doesn't work we will need the codes.Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need help with this problem? Was my information helpful?Thanks
Sonny