Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.

Were do the hoses go on the cooling sysem with a intercooler

Customer Question

Were do the hoses go on the cooling sysem with a intercooler on a holden 6.0.leter
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

Hi Glenn,

Your question is a little vague, but I'll try to help you.

I know Holden very well.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hay mate i got a holden wk statsman caprice bg it had been taped in the front end so i taken out the engine which was the 6.0ltr and put it in a vx but it was a little while ago and it has a intercooler plus trans cooler biger injectors and has a haret supercharger on it hay but i need to know were the hoes's on the intercooler run from to so as i can make sure there put on it the right place to so it flows in the right direction and dont cause no damage and since your good with holdens iv changed th front half of the loom so iv tacken te loom from were it unplugs from the computer and goes out under thè bonnet of and changed them with the engin aas well as the computer under the bonnet the 2 under the left kick panel the bcm as well is there another loom thats runs from the dribers side of the dash to the pasanger side behined the dash i am met to change or not mate if you could help it e gratefully apresheated mate thanks glenn
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

Hi Glenn,

You are doing a conversion swapping from WK to VX.

If you are taking the PCM (from the engine bay), the TCM transmission control module and the PIM Powertrain interface module (from the LH kickpanel) and the BCM (from under the RH dash above drivers foot) you will also need the remotes that are programmed to the donor BCM.

The trouble with doing all of this is the modules may come up as a VIN mismatch.

I'm not sure whether all the harness is plug and play, and so you will need to talk with a conversion specialist.

The intercooler you have should not matter which way the air flows through it, and all the ducting should be a virtual swap within the engine bay.

Where abouts are you?

I could put you in contact with an electrical conversion specialist if you like.