Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I disconnected the battery in my 2006 prado grande. the

Customer Question

I disconnected the battery in my 2006 prado grande. the radio/gps/reverse camera do not work any more. there is no option on the touch screen to enter any security codes? the screen just says "DVD no map DVD"
I have looked in the manual but there is nothing on this?
Thanks in advance for your time!
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. Inspect and make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels.If there is any issues with any blown fuses at all the fuses will need to be replaced to correct this fault here.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I had already checked the fuses, all good.
All I need to know is how to enter the security code. I know the security number is ***** last 3 digits but cant get to the point where I enter this info.
the screen says to insert map dvd but it is already in the unit. the only buttons that work now is the insert button. this allows me to eject the map dvd and insert it again. once inserted the display remains the same.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Unfortunately I do not have this info myself here.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete