Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My nissan murano trunk door will not open even if i try to

Customer Question

Hi my nissan murano trunk door will not open even if i try to open
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The rubber that covers the open button is torn n when u press it it wont open
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I was thinking of diy but what is ur opinion
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: Univerzal locking is not wkg either
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If it will not open electronically or with the key itself (if equipped) this can be due to a fault with the latch itself needing replaced.I have seen the latch fail/act up in the past before needing replaced for this issue here.This will need to be tested further to see if this is the cause here for sure and may require lock smith tools to open the trunk to test the latch to see if it needs replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete