Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I have a Nissan pathfinder 2003 model and the speakers are

Customer Question

I have a Nissan pathfinder 2003 model and the speakers are not working although the head unit has power
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: sometimes the rear driver side speaker works and then every now and then the driver door works aswell but not for long
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: hope so
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: the system it not a bose system
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. With the non bose system there is no audio amplifier,the sound comes direct from the radio itself.This indicates that either a speaker is shorting out the entire sound system or the radio itself has an internal sound chip fault needing either removed and repaired or replaced.Try disconnecting the speakers one at a time until you come across one that allows sound to come back to the rest of the speakers.If this works then the speaker you unplugged is shorted needing replaced.If this does not work here you will need to inspect each speakers wires to see if any shorts are found needing repaired.If any shorts are found this will need corrected and if all wiring and speakers are o.k. then the radio itself needs repaired or replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete