Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Technician

I went to start my f6 typhoon by the button and it won't

Customer Question

Hi I went to start my f6 typhoon by the button and it won't start it just makes a tick sound down at the fuses below my stering wheel
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: It is a ford f6 typhoon 2006 model
JA: Got it. What model and year?
Customer: Bf 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I turned it on and off a couple of times and I tried locking the car then unlocking it and tried and it won't start ..
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your ford?
Customer: hasnt had any other problems
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,When did you drive the car last, and did it have any trouble starting then?Do you know how old your battery is?If you turn the headlights on, are they as bright as they normally would be?If these all seem normal, then we need to get a scan tool connected to retrieve codes that are set.Can you get somebody to scan it for you?Gary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The battery is good I moved it out of me shed this morning and I went to start it back up and the button won't start it it just makes a clicking noise under the streering wheel and it sounds like a click noise where the fuses are .. Could it be a blown fuse
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It sits in me shed with a low feed battery charger hooked up to it ..
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hi again,It could be a fuse, but you would need to find the cause.Sounds more like an immobilizer issue, not reading your key correctly.Do you have another key?Does the steering unlock when you attempt to start it?Gary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have another key just tried it doesn't work .. And the steering doesn't unlock
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Ok.Can you make sure the steering is not loaded one way.The locking mechanism might not be able to release prior to start up.The engine will not start until the column releases.All push to start vehicles are like this as a safety feature.If it still won't unlock there is an electronic issue that you may not fix at home.It will need a scan to see what is wrong.Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hi again,I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.Please rate my service at your nearest convenience. Kind regards Gary