Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a BMW X5 3.0D 2009. When I went to put petrol in it,

Customer Question

I have a BMW X5 3.0D 2009. When I went to put petrol in it, the fuel door opened but the bar in the fuel tube opening won't move? What is the issue?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. This may be due to an internal mechanical fault in the fuel filler neck itself needing repaired or replaced.If this is the bar/flap at the filler neck where the fuel nozzle inserts into.I have had to replace this filler neck before for this issue here.I would have this inspected further to see if this is the cause here with the filler neck itself needing replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete