Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,
12772297

I've got a safe mode appearing on my radio it's a 2006 tt

Customer Question

Hi I've got a safe mode appearing on my radio it's a 2006 tt and needs 4 digits to unlock it. Are you able to help please?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.

Hello

often the security code is kept within the owners manual on a small card? if you don't have this card then try calling your local dealer and if they want to charge for it then I'd suggest removing the unit from the dash and getting the serial number off it as once you have a serial number then If you remove the radio and retrieve the Radio serial number off or the side (starts in AUZ) then call Audi’s customer assistance to speak with a Audi Customer CARE Advocate. Call 1-***-***-**** (AUDI), Mon-Fri, 8 am to 8 pm, Eastern Time. If you tell them your Vehicle ID number and the radio serial number they will ask you some questions to verify the vehicle is registered to you and then they should provide you with the code for FREE. This typically takes a couple of days.

It is illegal for anyone to access the radio code through the Audi data base without verifying the customer, vehicle, and radio serial numbers. If someone were to provide that service for you here online, they would be risking their employment as well as legal ramifications.

I realize this is an inconvenience, but it is the main security system that keeps thieves from breaking into your vehicle and stealing the radio

its also worth trying the last 4 digits of the serial number as often this is the security code and sometimes the code is on a sticker in the spare wheel well in the trunk

Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you