sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2003 escape and I was driving home when the o/d light

Customer Question

I have a 2003 escape and I was driving home when the o/d light flashed. I now have no drive in any selection. if I leave the car for about an hour it will move in each selection once ie about 10 secs then nothing
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no
JA: OK! The Ford Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.
Hi , sorry to hear about your car problems . Can ask a few questions regarding the car ,it will help me guide u in the right direction is it 2wd or 4wd and are you referring to nothing as the car will not move forward or backwards when you apply the gaz pedal ? thanks
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It sounds like you have a restricted trans filter. When a filter becomes restricted either from lack of periodic maintenance or with debris from component failure, it will restrict proper flow. When the debris becomes great enough it will cause a drop in line pressure, eventually it can cause the transmission to disengage completely.When the engine is shut off then some of the debris from the filter will release, falling back to the pan or in suspension in the fluid. This will allow the trans to engage a short time again when the engine is restarted, until the restriction becomes too great again.