Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,
12772297

JA: . What do you want help with? Customer: I need to

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I need to take oil pan off mitsubishi pajero 2005 3.2 did
JA: When was your last oil change? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: is hole in the pan
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the is hole after rost so I need to but another pan in
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: train the pan
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your mitsubishi?
Customer: I so this just this to day
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hello 1st thing to say is try to get the vehicle up in the air if possible. If not then on jack stands will work, it is just a bit more trouble.then remove the lower skid plates. The front skid plate will be held on with four 14mm headed bolts and the rear skid plate held on with three 12mm bolts along the rear (if all are still present).There are 12mm bolts across the center holding the two together, you do not need to remove these though.Loosen the (should be 17mm if original) drain plug and drain the oil out. Disconnect the negative battery terminal.Disconnect the signal wire from the starter.Disconnect the battery cable from the starter Remove the two 14mm bolts holding the starter to the bellhousing from behind. You will need a swivel 14mm and an extension to easily do this without messing with the exhaust.Negotiate the starter out the bottom by pulling the ATF lines out of the way (there are two 10mm bolts holding the lines steady).Unbolt the front propeller shaft and remove it.Remove the front differential drive axles (unbolt from the right side, pry out from the left side)Unbolt the front differential cross member and lower it with the differential installed.Unbolt the two dipsticks and remove them.Remove the flywheel covers along the bottom rear edge of the oil pan, if still present.Remove the 10mm bolts along the perimeter of the oil pan.1st try using a soft hammer to knock the pan loose, or if it is stubborn you can use a very thin chisel to wedge between the pan and the block to separate them.With the pan out you will need to use a razor blade to clean the sealant on the block. Run a bead of sealant around the perimeter of the pan before reinstalling.its best to use the sealent from Mitsubishi or Toyota Black FIPG.Regular RTV type sealants will not work in this application Attached below is a blow up diagram showing the parts as they come off, including torque specifications where needed:
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you