Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Pearl, I have a 2011 XC70. It has a warning message about

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a 2011 XC70. It has a warning message about Active Chassis requiring service, and today my mechanic advised after a scan that it has error code U200C94 control module internal power C component failure.
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The mechanic was guessing that the control module may need to be replaced (big $$?). My query is whether it is easily fixable, and what the consequences are of just leaving it. Everything drives ok
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not unless it is very simple
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Volvo Mechanic should know about your Volvo?
Customer: no, that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Leaving it can cause instability with braking or traction control in some cases.Usually it is the control unit/ecu itself at fault needing replaced to correct this here.The power and ground signals to the ecu will need tested to make sure they are all o.k. and if found o.k. usually the ecu/control module will need replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete