Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I have a 2004 BA series 2 falcon sedan.Has 148000km.Has a problem

Customer Question

I have a 2004 BA series 2 falcon sedan.Has 148000km.Has a problem with contaminated fuel,I think.The car runs rough at idle,and severe power loss and stalling and misfiring when down to a quarter tank.I have added methylated spirits,as I thought there was water in the fuel,then a fresh tank of high grade fuel.Was still misfiring a little,but again as the tank got low,it worsened to being undriveable.I have also added fuel injector cleaner several times with fresh fuel.It gets better for that day,but next morning the problem returns,probably because cleaner has sunk to the bottom of tank.I was going to syphon the fuel and replace the fuel filter,and fresh fuel.What do you think? My name is Grant.
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery? Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: Battery is near new,and calcium heavy duty.Strains under load up a hill or when you accelerate quickly.Is okay down hill,with no load.
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would hope to be able to fix the problem myself.
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Just that it seemed to happen after fuelling.About two days. Thought it might be contaminated fuel.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. I would remove all fuel from the tank if you can and have it flushed or cleaned out.Then replace the fuel filter and add all new clean fuel to the tank and see if this resolves the issue.If it still runs slightly poor after this I would have the fuel injectors cleaned to see if this resolves the fault here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete