Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Volvo S60: HiI own a Volvo S60 2002. Lately the control panel

Customer Question

Hi
I own a Volvo S60 2002. Lately the control panel indicator has been coming on and a message that is in Asian has been appearing on my dash board. When this occurs I am able to hear a rattling noise from beneath the car that sounds like a loose exhaust clamp but it coincides with the dashboard alert and the transmission becomes clunky during gear changes.
Is this likely to be a costly thing, also I live in Auckland Nth Shore & do not know where any Volvo mechanical repairs workshops are.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. This may be a fault with the engine running to lean causing a popping or rattle noise through the exhaust causing this here needing located and repaired.I have seen issues with fuel pump issues or injector issues and even vacuum leaks needing corrected.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set in any of the computers will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.It is hard to say how much this will cost it all depends on the fault found. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete