Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

We were driving when it started to run rough so gave a bit

Customer Question

We were driving when it started to run rough so gave a bit when it back fired and stopped it still turns over but won't start just runs rough
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: Ford xh Utrecht xr6
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it will turn over but won't start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No
JA: OK! The Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. From what you have described here this sounds like an issue with a lack of fuel due to a restricted fuel filter or weak fuel pump/injection pump.I have seen these cause a lean running issue which will cause the back fire issue and the no start like this.I would have the fuel system checked/tested to verify that this is the cause here and then the component found at fault replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete