Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

Landrover Disco: Landrover Discovery 1998 v8 petrol jerking

Customer Question

Landrover Discovery 1998 v8 petrol jerking when driving in second gear. Also timing belt noisy and need to know estimate in $ for fixing timing chain/belt?
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also vehicle will backfire in high revs.
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The labor to remove and replace the timing chain calls for 4 hours and the chain lists for $64 . You labor and parts pricing my vary a bit due to the shop rates and parts pricing in your area. If the chain is noisy and its backfiring I would address the chain first and see if resolves the jerking issue you are having.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will replace timing chain. I also wonder if the spark plugs should be changed as it is running rough under acceleration. When idling you can hear a ticking noise.
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
It is a good idea to go ahead and replace them if that has not been done already.