Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

The car was driving then it started to run rough and back fire

Customer Question

The car was driving then it started to run rough and back fire now it will turn over but won't start
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It has power but won't start it seems to back fire when we try to start it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: We hope to just need the car for work on Monday as my husband needs it for work
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your car?
Customer: It's a 1996 xh ford ute xr6
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  indy-tech replied 6 months ago.
Which engine do you have the 4.0 or 5.0L Greg
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
4 litre
Hi . Sorry took so long in getting back . On start up do you have any rattling coming from the engine .Do you have tools to do a few test like engine compression test checking for codes .Was the check engine light on when the engine was running Greg
Hi . Sorry took so long in getting back . On start up do you have any rattling coming from the engine .Do you have tools to do a few test like engine compression testchecking for codes .Was the check engine light on when the engine was running Greg