sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Bentley GT: I on't know if you can. I have a 2004 Bentley GT

Customer Question

I on't know if you can. I have a 2004 Bentley GT which a few months ago stalled at low speed. I took to dmechanic who found a pin hole leakin pipes behind engine.dropped engine and replaced. Okay for a couple hundred kms and engine light came on then the car would stop at higher speed and lock up. Now he says its in the turbo wastegate and has to drop the engine again. its driving me absolutely to despair
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a Bentley not a buick
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!I see that you've having some issues with your Bentley but I'm unsure exactly what your question was.Can you describe the symptoms? Is it just running out of power or the engine going into limp in?Do you know what fault codes are setting?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It just dies and completely locks up. The mechanic dropped the engine and replaced the wastegate actuator pipe. It had pinhole leak. Didn't fix it. Now removed the engine and claims wastegate problem in the turbo. The engine is now out so no need to answer re repairing without removing engine
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The engine simply stops. Have to restart
None of the issues mentioned would cause the engine to die. Are any fault codes setting when the problem happens?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't think you have the knowledge to help me. We can read codes ourselves. I want the opinion of an experienced Bentley mechanic . You are saying the wastegate problems won't stall a car