sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Turn the vehicle of and the dash lights stay on also no radio

Customer Question

turn the vehicle of and the dash lights stay on also no radio sound
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: what code ?
JA: It's a tool that mechanics use to help diagnose what's wrong with a car. Not to worry - the mechanic will know how to find that out. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. It's a tool that mechanics use to help diagnose what's wrong with a car. Not to worry - the mechanic will know how to find that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: turned the ignition of and the instrument lights still on as well as the centre console lights stay on and have no radio however it lights up and when song changes so does the wording which indicates its working but no sound
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!You could have a handful of things going on depending on what the vehicle is. The lack of sound seems to be an amplifier issue if the radio is working. Depending on what lights you're seeing stay on you may have an ignition switch, wiring or module issue, possibly a bad door ajar switch, or an aftermarket remote start module may have failed and is causing items to stay powered up.What year and model is the vehicle?