Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,

I have a 2010 I20 that the engines stops when doing around

Customer Question

I have a 2010 I20 that the engines stops when doing around 40klm/hr randomly
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Hyundai. The Hyundai Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Sometimes it will restart straight away but sometimes i have to leave it for 5 or ten minutes before it will start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have checked for engine codes - none recorded, checked plugs and wiring to crank sensor and various other sensors
JA: Sometimes checking spark plugs can be a challenge -- more than a few things to consider. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: i have taken to a hyundai dealer and they could not find anything but it did not stop while they drove it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Matt replied 5 months ago.
Hello for the engine to suddenly stop like this I'd suspect that either the ECU is losing electrical power or there's a faulty crank sensor so I'd check the state of the ECU power fuses for cracks and corrosion and also replace the ECU relay if this is OK then I'd consider fitting a new crank position sensor
Expert:  Matt replied 5 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you