Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

my name is ***** my question is = I have an off road

Customer Question

Hi my name is frank ***** my question is = I have an off road buggy wth a vw combi gearbox coupled to Datsun 200 b motor this engine is not worth fixing I would like to know if there is a more recent Nissan motor that would allow me to use the adaptor plate and flywheel of. The200b has modified flywheel and ring gear to suit Vw starter motor as this was Avery good and expensive conversion it would be nice to know if a more recent Nissan motor could fit in this case Thank you and regards ***** ***** mail***@******.***

Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In some cases you may need to speak to a dealer or repair facility that works on this model here to see if they can tell you for sure what is available to fit and work on this model here if there is an upgrade or another motor that will fit.In some cases an auto repair facility that does vehicle modifying can tell you as well.If this is not an option for you and you want to continue here instead let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete