Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Technician

Original key lost, a new one with original code was obtained

Customer Question

Original key lost, a new one with original code was obtained from Mitsi NZ, car wont start, codes set when immobilizer scanned U1504, U1512, U1101, U1110, U1111, B1766, U1100, U1073
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, we are pretty competant
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: scanning
JA: Is there anything else the Mitsubishi Mechanic should be aware of about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: there id diesel to the pump but it is obvious the solenoid is closed due to no fuel, also there is no power to the injectors, so the immobilizer is working, what I want to know is how to reset the computer so it accepts the already programmed key
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order for anyone to be able to try and help you we are going to need to know what it is you are working on. Need to know the year, make and model please. Post back with complete information and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry Ron, it is a 02/2008 Mitsi Triton running a 4D36 diesel, manual trans. The story goes- key lost, another ignition barrel and key fitted from a donor, then a coded copy of the original was obtained from Mitsubishi, barrel swapped back to original then brought to us because no start, we scanned with an Fcar scanner and those are the codes
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Okay, I have no information on this one but now that the information is complete hopefully someone can help you. I will open the post back up for you. If someone can help they will respond back.
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,The new key needs to be programmed to the vehicle.The mechanical key code may be correct, but the transponder is not a match.Hopefully Mitsubishi can reprogram the key, and you won't need another new key.Hope this helps.Gary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I cant get any connection between the computer and the key. I have gone into the immobilizer section on my scanner and it still wont read a code or let me put the 4 digit code in.
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hi again,Have you programmed Mitsubishi keys with this scantool before?I prefer the genuine tools myself, especially late model cars.Have you got a Mitsubishi dealer near you, because you may need them to program the keys for you.Hope this helps.Gary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
trouble is I am in San=moa and the mitsi agent here sells more fridges than cars but I will ask tomorrow, regards Brucve
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Ok, hope you get it sorted.Gary