Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.

Volvo XC70: He, We are fixing oil leaks in a XC70 with the

Customer Question

He, We are fixing oil leaks in a XC70 with the 2.5 Turbo motor. We replaced the crank seal and the oil pump seal, things were fine, a few week later the cam seals began leaking, now replaced, it seems dry around the timing area, but now leaking at the front centre area of the engine?
The milage is 202,000 kms, Are these things commen, and is in normal to chase oil leaks around like this?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Eclayton4 replied 5 months ago.
Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Do you know if it has had the flame box replaced and those passages cleaned out? Instead of a PCV valve Volvo has the flame box up under the intake that vents the crankcase, if it's building crank case pressure, it's gonna leak till that is fixed. Let us know, thanks.