Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

2006 honda accord sequential shift shifts down but not up

Customer Question

Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If the check engine or any other warning light has come on on the dash with this issue here the first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.This needs done with a compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here.This can be an issue with the shift switch control needing replaced or possibly an electrical solenoid not engaging properly to shift this properly. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Pete,
Thanks for the reply...Yes i am still having problems. A diag procedure would be good to test these components and pin point the fault. There are no fault codes in the system and there doesn't seem to be a fault in any other mode of transmission operation.
This modle does NOT have the paddles on the steering wheel, rather the cross shift to M mode on the trans shift lever on the console.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Were fault codes checked using a scan tool that is fully compatible with this model here as some cheaper code readers will only read engine computer codes? Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Pete,
The system was scanned with a fully updated Launch X431 Scan Tool. there were no codes at all?
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Unfortunately I do not have a test for this here without any codes set but someone else here may have more info on this.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
So do I get my money back?