Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Technician

I think my vx commodore has a crank angle sensor problem it

Customer Question

I think my vx commodore has a crank angle sensor problem it just turna off whilst driving when it is jump started takes a lil bit but eventually starts when car is cool all good as soon as it heats up it dies will it start again alone if i let it cool down or will it require a jump start im curremtly on side of road waiting for road side assistance thank u
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not sure just need to get home firat at this stage lol just was hoping i cld start it again myself 90 min wait for racq
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your car?
Customer: We have just had fuel pump changed and new coil packa but still having issuse..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hi Sarah,VX is common for crank angle sensor failure, it could be one of a few other things, like poor contact in the DFI module connector, poor contact of the EFI relay, or fuel pump starting to fail.If it won't start right now, can you pour some water over the passenger side of the engine balancer (behind the balancer) at the front of the motor, then see if it starts after about 30 seconds?Hope this helps.Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hi Sarah,Do you need any further help?I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.Please rate my service at your nearest convenience.Kind regards Gary