Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

92 terranno inport revs too high at hway speed JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

92 terranno inport revs too high at hway speed
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Thanks Pearl i have a 92 terrano manual with 235/75/15 tyres and it revs too high at 100km/p hour Tom
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not sure depends whats involved
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: No its pretty stock standard though i put snorkel on it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Hi pearl i have a 92 terranno with rear axle hg46 it revs to high at speed tom
JA: Waiting to talk to the expert reminds me of the time I talked to an expert when I had problems with my new cats. My three cats all came from a rescue mission and were scrawny scared little creatures when I got them. Who could ever be mean to a cat?
Customer: Mine asleep on couch
JA: I called my cats Facet, Carat, and Sparkle as part of our family tradition of precious stones. But Sparkle has a glint in her eye that doesn't bode well for the birds outside.
Customer: You cant fight nature Pearl
JA: Can you say that more positively?
Customer: When the birds attack my fruit trees im less sympathetic sorry
JA: Not too soon.
Customer: Your sharp😀
JA: I'm sorry. I don't know.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you have to small of tire on your vehicle here this can cause this issue and the tires should be put back to factory specifications.If this is o.k. and the engine rpm's are higher then what they used to be in the past at this speed that you notice this issue with then I suspect a fault in the transmission/gear box itself and this will need to be inspected further internally to locate and repair this issue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete