Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

We have an 1989 s cargo which has several motors due

Customer Question

We have an 1989 s cargo which has blown several motors due to overheating. We love the car and couldn't give a toss about the lack of power but we would like to fit an engine that doesn't head for the gutter at the slightest whim. What engines fit in the ridiculously small space allowed for in the engine bay ?
JA: Watching the temperature gauge creep up into the red is never fun. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with overheating troubles. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Before we get in too deep. We live in Kaipaki, NZ (Google The Olde Creamery to find us) We just need a lead to find compatible fits. Shipping it to Britain is not an option unless we can come as well.
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: If he wrecks it he is dead
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. You may want to speak to a dealer or local repair facility to see if anyone has done this type of swap out before to see if they can tell you for sure what will fit and work as well as what would need done to make this fit and operate in your model here.I havent done this myself on this model here unfortunately and saw no one else had responded.If you want to continue here instead to see if anyone can help on this let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete