Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

My seatbelt light stays on when Im wearing my seat belt.JA:

Customer Question

my seatbelt light stays on when Im wearing my seat belt.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: 2009 Falcon fgxt
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When i put my seatbelt on the light on the dash normally goes off but this morning the light was flashing & beeping like it would do if I havent put my belt on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Turning my car off & back on again
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your car?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm sorry you are having problems with your falcon. I will try to help.
I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.
I have seen this problem on many different cars. It because the sensor in the lock part isn't registering it's locked. Usually you can spray carb cleaner in it and lock the buckle several times and unlock in rapid order. Try using carb cleaner and WD-40 several times as you do the locking and unlocking.
Let me know what happens so I can be of further assistance.
Thanks
Sonny
Was this information helpful? Or can I assist further with this problem? Thanks Sonny