Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Mk3 mondeo: Chris, have just been reading through a previous

Customer Question

Hi Chris, have just been reading through a previous thread you wrote up on a ford focus with brake lights not working.
i have a mk3 mondeo auto (2004) which i have been fault finding,
i have a similar problem in that the interlock for the park / gear selector is always engaged, on inspection of wiring diagram i traced it to common line with the brakes, which are not working, have checked the fuse and it is blown, replaced and re - blown, currently have the wiring loom exposed and it looks to be an earth fault at either the loom before the connectors to the rear lights but have not yet pulled out the fuse box.
wondering if you can go through your process with me and ill start back at the top to see if i am missing anything in my thought process. just fyi this car is RHD not LHD as im in New Zealand. cheers, brendan
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Inspect the wiring at the brake lights as well as the brake lamp bulb sockets and see if any connection corrosion or damage is found needing repaired or replaced.If any wiring is damaged leading to the brake lights or at the brake lights this will need repaired to correct this fault here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete