Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I need to remove my centre console, but i need to know

Customer Question

hi, i need to remove my centre console, but i need to know if its possible to do so without removing my drivers seat (2004 ba xr6 falcon)
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: er, i spilt a lot of ice coffee. into my centre console. i have removed EVERYTHING except for my seat
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: can i somehow get the centre console off without removing the seat? and yes, um i am, i work at a panelbeaters, so i have all of the tools etc, plus i'm nearly there!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford? Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i can upload what i've done...all my trims are off.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. I dont show an exact procedure on how this center console is removed for sure here on this model but usually there are 4 to 6 screws or bolts that hold it in and if you cannot access these to then lift up and remove the center console then the seat would need removed.On some models I have had to remove the seats to remove the center console unfortunately. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete