Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Coil wiring set up incorectly after burning out coil. left

Customer Question

coil wiring set up incorectly after burning out coil. left it to long and cant remember where some of the wires go. fj62 with electronic dizzy coil has resistor.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Its now starting but hard to start and runs rough. was running fine before coil burnt out
JA: The mechanics can certainly get you off to the right "start" -- sorry! Sometimes I can't help myself;-) Seriously, though, the mechanics are real masters when it comes to fixing things, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for this. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes I do all my own mechanical, if need be I will get an auto electrician to fix if I can not
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I know I have one wire correct and that is the positive wire to the dizzy, I think I have the correct wire to the resistor from ignition then it is connected to the positive from the resistor to the coil, then I have a wire connected to the negative and one to the positive from the ignition. It starts but runs rough. I not sure on the resistor wires and ignition wires being correct
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: I am running a 2f engine in a fj62 that came out with a 3f. with electronic dizzy. I put a new coil in and new leads and new plugs. Just got to get wiring right. I can pullout and put in an engine and gearbox but cant sort this out, The manual is a bit vague on the wiring.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. In some cases you will need to get this wiring diagram info from a dealer or repair center that works on this model here as sometimes this info can be difficult to obtain.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i HAVE A WIRING DIAGRAM AND IT DOES NOT SHOW ME WHAT i NEED TO KNOW. Dont worry I will get it fixed myself.
this did not help me at all
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do. Thanks Pete