Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care

I own a Toyota Land Crusier 200 series and I lost the Mster

Customer Question

I own a Toyota Land Crusier 200 series and I lost the Mster key and the also I misplaced the spare key. Please help how I could get replacements.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: Toyota land cruiser 200 series
JA: Got it. What model and year?
Customer: Model: VDT200R-GNTEZ
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I lost the master key and the spare key.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no
JA: OK! The Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: It requires rekeying and I would appreciate the mechanic's help.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 5 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am going to try to help!
I run a repair shop and have had similar problems in the past. I have found that most reputable mobile locksmiths are able to create a key without having one to copy by using only the locks on the vehicle. This would be the preferred method because you would not end up with a different key for the door locks than for the ignition.
Hi, this is Josh checking in about your car. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask! Also, please don't forget to leave a positive rating!