Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Elgrand E51: SirI am fitting a cruise control to my Nissan

Customer Question

Sir
I am fitting a cruise control to my Nissan Elgrand E51 Series 1. Before I make a mistake, how do I remove the airbag and steering wheel? Thank you. Rowan Monteith
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. You want to make sure to disconnect the battery and remove the air bag fuse first.On some models a special tool is needed from a dealer to release the air bag from the steering wheel and a special puller needed to remove the steering wheel.I would check with a dealer or repair facility to see if they can tell you for sure what tools are needed as well if they can rent them out to you. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had hoped for a more definitive reply other than disconnect the battery and take it to a dealer.
I think I just wasted $24.
Cheers
Rowan
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
I apologize as unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.If you would like I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I understand your position, so please leave it open for others.
Thank you.
Rowan
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete