Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Mazda 6: earlier today my 2006 Mazda6 luxury sport's alarm

Customer Question

earlier today my 2006 Mazda6 luxury sport's alarm randomly went off which had never occurred before. Pressing the unlock button on the key fob did nothing and after about 10 minutes the alarm sounds stopped. Now the car wasn't making the single or double beeping noises when the fob key buttons were pressed to indicate the alarm is disabledm, however the doors still lock and unlock. Upon startup the car struggles to idle with fluctuations in the rpm ranging from(###) ###-####and just the needle just bounces up and down, and continues anytime while idling.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. This may be an issue with a voltage concern with a loss of voltage or ground.I would have the battery and alternator/generator tested to make sure they are o.k. as well as check for any damaged or corroded battery cables at the battery or leading from the battery needing cleaned,tightened or replaced.If these are or were checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete