Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Ford focus LT: Ford Focus 2007 Lt Ghia Hatch When Starting

Customer Question

Ford Focus 2007 Lt Ghia Hatch When Starting Engine Message Comes Up On Dash Power Steering Fault But Power Steering Is Ok . But When Drive Or Reverse Is Selected On Auto Transmition Engine Will Rev But Gearbox Is Still In Park. What Could Be The Problem
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. This does sound to be an electrical fault with one of the sensors or solenoids with the transmission or power steering components.These can cause issues like this here.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a scan tool or computer plugged into your model that can read all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.This will help pinpoint any sensor or solenoid acting up. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete