indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  All import and domestic car repairs and diagnostics

Just wondering how many volts does the crankshaft sensor

Customer Question

hi just wondering how many volts does the crankshaft sensor have on a 2011 for ranger diesel.?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I have a 2011 ford ranger very hard starting with a p0335 code. I have an earth wire and two wires with 2 volts each going to the ckp sensor, is this correct?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: ford ranger 20011
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: have checked all wiring from the crank and cam sensors to the pcm, and have replaced both sensors.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: it started happening after driving through lots of water.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  indy-tech replied 5 months ago.
Looks like a wiring or PCM malfunction .check first the wiring connection on the crank sensor and PCM connector for logged water.then check the wiring harness from sensor to PCM.the three wires are .1, Crank sensor signal 2, Sensor ground .3. 5 volt supply. All three wires go to the PCM . this is where your problem is going to be ,if wiring found to be good then sadly will be the PCM have this removed and checked . Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
Hi . Did you check out the wiring as suggested above . Greg