Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

Honda odessey: I have a Honda odyssey 2002,vtec,2.2 that cuts

Customer Question

I have a Honda odyssey 2002,vtec,2.2 that cuts out when warm.clicking noise starts at gear change then it stalls & wont start.if i leave it for half an hour or so it will start then down the rd will repeat problem.what could this be
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure. When the engine cuts out and will not start you are going to need to check each one of these things and see which one you are lacking. If you can do this and post back with the results I will help you determine the cause. It would also be very helpful if you could scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting. Post back when you can and we can work from there.