Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

I'm in NSW Australia, my KIA sorento 2005 model v6 4wd just stopped

Customer Question

Hi I'm in NSW Australia, my KIA sorento 2005 model v6 4wd just stopped and had to be towed, I've been told by a mechanic that it is my head gasket, everywhere I've called does not do had gaskets and I'm wondering if you can advise of anyone that may? Also an approx cost I should be expecting. Thanks in advance
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am in Wollongong 2518
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Hello Skye,Many late model cars need special tools for this job, that the dealer has.My suggestion to you is to contact your nearest KIA dealer, as they will do the job correctly. Some shops cannot do it because they don't have the tools.A V6 would be about $2000, if nothing else is damaged.Gary
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the estimate! Kia dealers are out of the question as their labour prices are ridiculous! Hence why I was asking if any local mechanics or the like could be recommended.Skye
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
PS apart from the estimate reply I fond the answer just plain common sense and not worth the $25.00!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
found#
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Yes it is common sense, unless you can find a smaller shop that has done them.I have seen many cars messed up by small shops that get towed in.I'm in Brisbane, so I can't recommend anybody in NSW for you unfortunately.It can be expensive in the wrong hands.Sorry for the disappointing news.Hope this helps.Gary
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** could please organise a refund for my question as it really has not been any help.
Skye
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Hi Skye,Customer service should be with you shortly.Gary