Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.

My radio and air con not working and now my dash not working

Customer Question

My radio and air con not working and now my dash not working only thing in dash that works is fuel gage
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: Holden ve
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Dash was working turn car on dash did nothing and now and the pit in the middle saying security lockout active vehicle data mismatch
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If i can as speedo doesn't work and the lights on dash dont work
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your car?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
So what do i do
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hello there,Do you have the factory radio in your VE?Can you disconnect the Battery negative terminal for a minute and reconnect it, and then see what happens.Sounds like your car has a low speed Can-bus issue.Gary