sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Mazda Bt50 4x4: My 2011 bt50 is stuck in 3rd gear. The gear

Customer Question

My 2011 bt50 is stuck in 3rd gear. The gear shift is not moving about like when the bolt fell out when it was new.The clutch still works okay.We tried rocking back and forth with some weight on the shifter but nothing happens.We live in Weipa in far north Qld, so there is no Mazda dealers here.Please help.
Chris Rawlinson
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the shifter won't move from third gear even with the engine off then the issue has to either be something physically blocking shifter movement or there is an internal issue in the transmission. It's not likely that there would be something blocking movement that you're unaware of.Was there any abnormal noise when shifting or when driving before this happened?Has the fluid level and condition been checked?