sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

1997 xj308 goes in to limp mode very occesionaly. Happens

Customer Question

1997 xj308 goes in to limp mode very occesionaly. Happens when I accelerate quickly and then brake, or when driving on the freeway at around 60 mph and going up or down a slight incline
JA: Fortunately, the mechanics here speak car like it's their native tongue. They're great at getting to the bottom of issues -- including brake-related ones -- and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best mechanic for this. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it's not a brake issue.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if I can, however all help gratefully accepted
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: what would you like to know?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have replaced the abs unit, the wheel sensors and the brake switch under the brake pad. Checked the vacuum lines going to the throttle control valve..all good.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Do you know what fault codes are setting?Can you explain the exact symptoms you're experiencing?