indy-tech
indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  All import and domestic car repairs and diagnostics
29331485

Kia rio: Have just replaced my ignition barrel in my kua Rio

Customer Question

Have just replaced my ignition barrel in my kua Rio 2007 + it won't start
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  indy-tech replied 7 months ago.
Hi and good morning from the other side . If you replaced the ignition barrel then you have also a new key, if this is the case then it will not start as the new key will have to be programed to the system. If you need to get the car started to get to a programming shop use the old key up against the new key so the system can read the old key then try and start .should start if the head of the old key is pressed to the head of the new one . Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed. Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.